Friday, August 28, 2009

Nokia netbook

I read with surprise that Nokia will be launching its first netbook next month. It's called Booklet 3G. The netbook space is definitely very crowded with all brands but pretty the same specifications. That's can make the purchasing decision a bit tougher.

I think netbook has managed to realize the dream of a true mobility fueled by its small form factor of 10" screen size, longer battery life, affordability and being internet ready. The bonus of it is the ability to also supporting multimedia entertainment at the same time.

Ideally, the netbook is going to be a stronger "killer app" with the following configurations:
- not more than S$500 per unit
- 200GB of SSD "hard disk" space
- 12 hours of effective battery life
- 4GB RAM
- Broadband in-built with the local telco
- TV out port

To me, it will wow me much :-)

1 comment:

Peter and Irene said...

I wanted to buy a Macbook Pro