Thursday, January 14, 2010

iPhone (2)

It's time to update my iPhone's experience.
So far, I have bought the following applications:

- Awesome Note;
- Fish Ville;
- Lonely Planet Tokyo City Guide;
- SG Mahjong and
- Spot the difference;

2 for my daughter and 3 for myself.

The most expensive purchase is the Lonely Planet Tokyo City Guide. The content and layout is pretty similar to a print copy but with fewer wordings ie like a summary. Hence, easier reading it. I din use it when i was in Tokyo recently. Properly good content but the information is not so useful. How to be more useful ? more links to the information shared and mentioned as well as allowing me to call or email them. However, Japan telco's system is different from Singapore, hence no signal :-( Good to consider providing a feature to allow users to upload comment, update or extra information as a reference. This is what a book cannot support it.

Learning to use the Awesome Note now and have been playing the SG Mahjong actively, Ha...ha...ha... I dun in real life and i wun. Why ? Dun like to win my friends' money and can be pretty tiring. While i was playing, I discover that my daughter is learning and able to pronounce new words on her own. Was surprised and of course happy to know about it. :-)

Spot the difference can be quite tricky as some of the differences are quite difficult to spot it due to small screen size and i cannot enlarge it to better compare both photos.

i read on Monday that a company has approached Cailan (蔡澜) to publish and selling his books on iPhone. The loyalty fee is pretty good. :-) I am sure more books could be made available on iPhone. In fact, ebook is definitely set to grow. Amazon already reported that its ebooks sales outpace the printed copies last year. In addition, Microsoft and HP have just introduced a new "Slate" PC. It is a thin, light device with a larger screen size, longer battery life and touchscreen based. It combines the goods from a smartphone and netbook. Apple is also rolling a similar device in early 2010 and it was reported naming as "iSlate".

i死 了 :-)


No comments: