Tuesday, March 9, 2010

iPhone (3)

Wow, it has been more than a month since i last made an entry.
Time flies very fast when u are lazy :-)

Definitely there are a lot more to blog about. Prefer to update my iphone experience first since i use it everyday and I am still amazed by its capabilities. A few more applications were added to my iphone. One of the applications is chinese ebook.

I have been reading books written by Cailan (蔡澜) and from one of his columns 2 to 3 months back in Zaobao, he shared that a technology publisher had approached him to consider offering his works on iphone. Earlier March 2010, I google to discover that some of his works were available in iphone. Pricing wise, US$2.99 or about S$4.50 per title. Much cheaper than a physical book but slightly expensive than those applications available in iStore.

I bought 3 titles and found it pretty convenient to access and to read off from iphone. User can configure the word sizes and background colour. Simple but cool. For more information, you can visit his new website.

I have also made very good use of the hungrygowhere application to bookmark interesting places to eat. My bookmark includes those that I have visited and will very likely to go again as well as new one to explore. Besides bookmarking, I can find the location using the map service and to call them directly through the application. I enjoy using the nearby function to check what are the popular eating places near to where I am at the moment. If time permits, I will drop by to look see or even try it out. Very user friendly. :-) Of course, it is important to have access to users' reviews and to learn what to order and what not to order.

Actually, i have installed it for quite awhile but din really use it until recently when I was in a briefing session. Currently, I have 47 entries in the bookmark ie to visit each entry about once every 2 months. I am sure the list will continue to expand .... ha...ha...ha...

My next move is buy an add-on to expand the battery's life of the iphone. Unfortunately, I cannot increase its memory space at all as I am left with less than 1 GB most of the time now. :-(

No comments: