Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cashless but useless

Went to make payment today for my daughter's ballet dancing, 12 lessons for $90 in one of the community centres. The staff shared that I can pay by Nets while she was registering the details into the system.

When I passed her my ATM card, she told me that there might be a problem but no harm to give a try. Well, just like what she said, I could not pay by Nets. She advised me to top up my PAssion card with the machine just outside the office and i could enjoy additional 2% of discount by doing so. I am not aware of the extra discount and since i could not pay by Nets, it is better to top it up than walking all the way out to draw cash.

I followed the instructions and placed my PAssion card on the top machine, the system detected and canceled the transaction without any reason. I tried it again and again and again but not successful. The staff came out to help me and she also faced the same problem. She smiled at me and not sure what went wrong. No choice, I walked out to the nearest ATM machine to pay for the course.

We are pretty advance in archiving a cashless society but if the machines fail without checking or making sure that it is working properly, we may end up in a useful situation, less to say about customer service.

Ha...ha...ha...

No comments: