Monday, October 13, 2008

Why i enjoy reading

I love to read. A habit cultivated since young.

Used to read more chinese books borrowed from library. The result is that I have improved my Chinese language and I started to wear spectacle. Started to read more English books after graduated from NUS. Mainly IT and Management Books.


One of the few books that I managed to finish reading from cover to cover is the book titled “Hard Drive: Bill Gates and the Making of the Microsoft Empire”. A very easy and engaging book to read about Bill Gates and his early years in building Microsoft with Paul Allan. Since then, I have collected a few titles on Bill Gates and also began to build my own small library at home.




I enjoy reading as it gives me a very wonderful learning / engaging experience and to appreciate the thought and journey of the authors. It is also a very personal “affairs” without the need to organize and co-ordinate with others to get it done. The best part of it is to share the story / views with others who also like the similar subject.


While it can be pretty challenging to finish reading a book, it is much easier and fulfilling to read magazine with up-to-date information. U can finish it quite fast and it provides me with more leads such as websites, emails etc to follow up with if I would like to learn more about the subject. However, Harvard Business Review is a heavy reading and I enjoy the beautiful photos published in the National Geographics.


The challenge now is that my daughter “eats up” my personal space / time and dun have much opportunity to read more. Nevertheless, still manage to find some time to read before I sleep or to go to a quiet place to read peacefully for awhile over a simple drink. Luckily, she also enjoys reading and we will read to her before she sleeps at night.


I could consider reading as one of the great ways to enjoy life.

No comments: