Monday, July 6, 2009

Insomnia

This is the first time my daughter experienced insomnia.

I was pretty tired after attending an event and managed to get her to realize that it was also, indeed, time to sleep. It was already 11pm+. I slept before her though I could sense that she was still rolling on the bed, moving her legs and trying to find a suitable position. When I realized that she had taken longer time than usual to fall asleep, it was almost 1 a.m. My daughter was still awake and alert! I made another bottle of milk for her, hoping that it would help her sleep better. I have no idea what time she eventually slept or did she sleep at all? She was awake and afresh at 6.30am following me to wet market to do some marketing.

We din give her coffee or tea (She likes to ask for some coffee from me whenever she sees me having it, less frequent now) . She had milk and active as usual. Yes, she had a nap in the afternoon for around 1 hour 30 minutes but should not had caused it.

We do not why she could not sleep well that night. It is, definitely, not good for her to miss her sleep and to rest less than 8 hours a day. Will be observing her closely these few days to see if she experiences it again.

Hopefully, it was a one-off happening.

No comments: