Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Living in abundance

It's so obvious and yet it does not register me pretty well that I am living in abundance.

- two computer systems at home and one in office;
- two dvd players and one portable dvd player at home;
- two standing fans and a complete unit of aircon for all rooms;
- three bedrooms;
- two toilets;
- fridge with food and fruit, washing machine, car, cookware, sofa, chairs etc;
- many books;
- flow of clean drinkable water;
- flow of electricity;
- tv programmes, scv programmes and internet access;
- DvD and VCD titles;
- shoes, bags, clothing, handphone etc
- tons of toys;
- leisure, travel;
etc

Feeling guilty, especially when there are people both locally and globally who may not have it, enough of it and cannot afford of it?

Why should I? I din snatch, steal, cheat or con others for it. I work for it. I have been working for it for many years and will have to work for it for many more years to come.

I dun feel guilty. What i believe is that
- I should not complain more for it and not enough for it;
- I should help or share as much as I can if situations arises and allows;
- I must be mindful that what i have now may not be there anymore;
- To think and behave humbly and responsibly and
- Learning to lead a simple life

If you think u have too much of something, stop it if u can or if u want, else share it with others. Not just the materialistic aspects of it but also your caring / loving heart.

No comments: