Friday, October 1, 2010

Children's Day 2010

Children's Day is also becoming Parents' Day. As all primary schools and childcare centres will not be operating on 1st October, parents may have to be on leave to take care of them. In fact, some make it a family day to shop, dine, watch movie/performance and having a fun day together. For organizations that wanted to be acknowledged as pro-family or having worklife balance, much flexibility is shared with staff. Some even organized activities at the company level for the staff's children.

It has been years since I had my Children's Day. Not much celebration other than those programmes and gifts organized by the school. Nothing special about it. Nothing bad about it too.

Since the Day is meant for the children, I would prefer letting the children to organize a fun and relaxing moments with their friends out of the usual places. As long as it is a healthy, decent and safe programme, give the children the space, freedom to go wild with it. Afterall, they can only be a child for a few years.

I also celebrated it today by having a strawberry sundae after my lunch. :-)

"Huh ? I though you are already a junior Senior Citizen ?"

Yes, I am. But I am also young at heart. Happy Children's Day :-)
Ha...ha...ha... Cheers !

No comments: