Thursday, October 21, 2010

Once upon a time (2)

I dun like to cut hair when I was young.

Not only that the uncle cutting my hair was not so friendly, but equally important was that my mum wanted me to keep very short hair style ie botak. Looking back now, I can understand why she insisted it that way - neat, clean, cooling and helped to save some money since I did not have to visit the barber so regularly.

My classmates would always tease me and called me botak head. They would laugh about it and I did not enjoy it very much. In fact, I was the rarely few with the botak hair style in class and properly in school. I could not carry with me a comb which was a trend then. :-(

To manage my expectation and objection, my mum would tell the uncle to have a long botak hair style for me. Any difference ? Ha...ha...ha..., not much but at least better than being botak.

Not sure if the experience had affected me silently, I prefer to keep my hair very short since the army time and now I am back to botak style again with no choice- fulltime, 24 x 7 :-)

At times, my daughter's classmates would call me botak uncle when I fetch her home after school. They seem fascinated and curious about it. 1 to 2 asked me why I have no hair and pretty bothered by it.

Some days, somehow they will know why. Ha...ha...ha...

No comments: