Thursday, October 7, 2010

Once upon a time ......

I used to stay in a rented flat many years ago. It has one bed room, a living room, toilet/bathroom and a kitchen. Small area but enough to meet daily needs. There were four of us in the family. I was the living room captain.

One of the unique features of the structure was that there was no windows at the kitchen area. It was an open concept built with iron bars from top to bottom. To sun or rain block, household has to install own canvas. However, it was very windy day and night. Good view of the outside world. Being a little naughty child, I would place one of my legs out in-between the gap of the bars. The love language used then was caning and scolding. I would considered myself lucky as caning was rarely used on the children in the family.

My favorite moment was when it rained, especially the heavy rain type. Even with canvas, the kitchen area would not only be wet but the best of it, flooded :-) Both my mum and myself would be pretty busy - my mum moving items that could be damaged by the water quickly while I looked for papers to make paper boats. The love language was not quite effective as I could hardly hear what my mum was saying. Anyway, she has more things to worry than those sailing paper boats. Cheers !

While my mum was patiently clearing the mess and praying for the rain to stop,
I was chanting
rain, rain, stay with me
rain, rain come again
Ha..ha..ha..

No comments: