Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mahjong

I started to play Mahjong again,

I stopped playing it totally many years ago not only because I was losing much money then but most importantly, lost all the tuition fee that I had earned for a month service to a student. It was just unbelieveable while I walked home that night or rather in a wee hours after the game. Anyway, no bus and train service at the odd hours and also no money to take a cab. :-(

I learn to play mahjong since young by watching how my relatives play and learning it gradually along the way. It is a very addictive game. Players need to think and adopt best possible moves as well as what other may have in mind. Having good tiles does not mean that you will win for sure. More often than not, the game lasts for hours. At times, to order supper as the game continues. I enjoyed the small talk and accompany during the mahjong session. I hate when the game turns ugly over money. Whether winning or losing, players are bound to feel tired after the game, both physically and mentally.

Senior citizens are encouraged to play mahjong to keep one's mind active and alert. However, suggested to play it in a "healthy" or decent manner ie not much money or no money involved. It is definitely a good mean to past time, catching up with friends and just gossiping.

I feel that I am much skillful now as compare then. Winning most of the time, involving a few hundreds / thousand dollars. :-) Are you game enough to join me ?

See you online over iPhone
Ha...ha...ha...

History seems to unfold itself again. My daughter is eager to participate when I play mahjong on the iPhone. I will get her to throw out unwanted tiles. The same way my aunty told me a few decades ago.

No comments: