Thursday, May 21, 2009

HK Drama

Do u watch Hong Kong drama ? I do occasionally. I dun have much patient to follow one episode by episode. I prefer watching the first few 1 - 3 episodes and then jump to the last 2 episodes to "complete" show. I feel that watching those happenings in-between can be quite a waste of time.

There are some exceptions : the drama has a very interesting and engaging story line or when some of my few preferred actors/actresses playing a key role in the show. One of the actors is Bowie Lam (林保怡). I enjoy watching his acting especially as a police investigation officer or as a doctor in the War and Beauty (金枝慾孽).

In the one of his most recent drama, the gem of life (珠光宝气), he acted as a rich, smart businessman who built his empire from scratch. He spent lavishly and behaved pretty arrogantly. I dun quite enjoy the show because the story line is not very outstanding and it is a 82-episode drama ! I skipped quite a number of chapters. However, he had a few dialogues (translated briefly as below) that I can relate and do agree with it. Meaningfully as follows:


"When one's poor and hungry, u have no choice but to go all out to survive. Hence, I will never let my stomach goes full though I am already pretty rich now so that I am always out to compete and win. It is not that I want this world to have the rich and poor. The truth is that the world already existed with rich and poor. When u are poor, u can only use whatever assets u have to earn a living and once u become rich, u can then use your real capability to make even more money."

"In this world, there is such a thing called u dun have a choice"


"It is very tiring and painful to continue hating and being angry with someone whom u really love. I have been living in this way for so long that I dun even know who I am now. I started to hate myself, hated myself so much…...and feeling lost"


Profound.....


No comments: