Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crystal Dumpling

I last eaten the Tiong Bahru's crystal dumpling (水晶包) 5 or 6 years ago. I could not find the stall after the upgrading and renovation of the Food Centre . I thought the owner had decided to retire and din "persue" further where the stall could be located.

Recently, I was sharing with Lay Yen about the nice food in the Tiong Bahru Food Centre. One of the stalls I told her was the one selling the crystal dumpling. She shared that the owner had shifted to Alexandra Village Food Centre. Wow, so they are still in operation and i decided to visit them.

I found the stall last Sunday around 3pm but they had sold out the dumpling. Hence, I revisited the stall the next at 10am. Ordered a few to try and also bought some to share it with my colleagues. It still tasted as nice and they liked it too :-)

However, the prices have increased quite a bit: 70 cents / pcs for the salty taste dumpling and 60 cents / pcs for the sweet taste dumpling.



I hope u have tasted it before else I would like to recommend that you should give it a try. U are sure to love it.

The stall opens 7 days a week from 9am onwards until sold out.
Address: Blk 120 #01-10. Bukit Merah Lane 1 (opposite the form Bukit Merah SAFRA). Tel: 62745561



5 comments:

小秀秀 said...

wah so FAR!!!! But i LOVE crystal dumplings!!

Ming Fung said...

For you, i am sure not an issue. Got a car and heart will travel :-)

Peter and Irene said...

So faraway... and i dun even own a car

小秀秀 said...

haha i shall show ur comment to him and see if he noes wat to do~ hahaha

Ming Fung said...

Not very far away la. Dun need to use passport and clear at immigration check point. Ha...

Most important starting point is having a heart for the food. The rest of the concerns will fall in place naturally and painlessly.

Will buy to share with you if i pass by again during office hours :-)