Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dun wish to leave my daughter

We have been busy planning and packing for a short trip from 5 June to Bali Club Med. This is our first trip to Bali and looking forward to the nice food, scenery and some relaxing moments. Unfortunately, we have just postponed the trip as my daughter is having a high fever (38.5) and developing some flu since last night.

Me disappointed ? Nope. I am prepared to cancel the trip if it is necessary. No point going when i know that my daughter wun enjoy it and suffering in a holiday. Worst still if she is stopped at the immigration checkpoint due to the current H1N1 happening.

In fact, we had experienced the same situation 2 years ago when we were going for a short trip to Hong Kong. She had a fever and the family doctor advised that we grounded her in Singapore. We left for Hong Kong without her. I was very sad to say bye bye to her when i was leaving for airport that morning. Though we had the carefree moments for 5 days, I dun think i enjoyed very much. I felt very bad that I was on holiday while she was not feeling well in Singapore and us not at her side.

I wun wish to leave for a holiday without my daughter again. Yes, it is a bit inconvenience to re-make all necessary arrangements and to pay for the administration charges. I must not make the same mistake again. This time round, she will feel very bad as we have been sharing with her about the holiday since mid March. We are going to hurt her very very much if we go ahead with the trip without her.

I may not know how to face her when i am back. I can't even know how to face it myself. Either we go and have an enjoyable holiday together or we wun go together at all. This is my commitment to my daughter.

Will be back to office tmr :-)

6 comments:

小秀秀 said...

hope ur girl will recover soon!

Ming Fung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ming Fung said...

Thanks. :-)

Rushed her to KK in the evening as her fever remained high. And she started to feel her palm painful. Fell asleep while i was driving on the way to KK. Having fever at 39.7

Now she is feeling much better. Need to observe her closely in the next few days.

小秀秀 said...

how come palm will painful?

Ming Fung said...

I have no idea. That's why i was worried last evening and rush her to KK. The doc din say much about it though she examined her palm by getting my daughter to do some basic movements. The doc asked if she fell but my daughter din. I have have to observe her for the next few days to see if her palm is still painful.

小秀秀 said...

hm ok.. let me sing a song to ur girl, pain pain go away!!!
u noe sumthing my dad will say when for eg my bro legs are aching, he will apply the oil/cream/gel and say in cantonese '一搽就好,唔洗等到听朝早。’meaning after applying you will recover and dun need to wait til tml morning.